Ball-Drop Cemented Initiation Sub
Test Liner Pressure Integrity Prior to Stimulation
Tartan’s Ball-Drop Cemented Initiation Sub (Ball-Drop CIS) is a modification of Tartan’s successful patented Cemented Initiation Sub. The Ball-Drop CIS incorporates a ball seat just above the standard BurstPoint™ ports. After the cement job is complete and communication is re-established, the ball seat gives the customer the ability to test the liner pressure integrity by dropping a dissolvable ball from surface.
- Simple, reliable and rugged design for cemented liner installations
- Provides ability to pressure test the liner prior to stimulation operations
- Eliminates coiled tubing and perforating costs for first stage initiation in plug-and-perf operations
- Can also be used as a flow path to initiate Tartan’s cemented MultiFrac™ or EnerFrac™ ball-drop systems
- Can pump full stimulation treatment through BurstPoint ports for first stage stimulation after ball dissolves
Features and benefits
- Provides increased operational efficiency resulting in reduced costs
- BurstPoint ports within the CIS can be sized to control the stimulation fluid rate
- Full drift inside diameter (ID) – no drill out required
- No special cementing procedures required
- Surface pressure indication is an accurate monitor of BurstPoint port opening
- Industry-proven dissolvable ball
Fill out your information to receive the Ball-Drop Cemented Initiation Sub data sheet.